Company: Bolthouse Farms
Posted on: March 21, 2023
- This position will report to the: R&D Manager
- Shift: 1st Shift
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Employment Category: Full-Time Regular
- Pay Range: $19.00 to $21.75INGENUITY GROWS GOOD.Guided by its
purpose - Ingenuity Grows Good - Bolthouse Farms is recognized as a
leader in growing, manufacturing, and distributing high quality,
nutrient dense branded products. Employing more than 2,200 people
and headquartered in Bakersfield, California's fertile San Joaquin
Valley, Bolthouse Farms is one of the largest carrot growers and
distributors in the U.S. and manufactures the No. 1 premium
refrigerated branded beverage in U.S. retail. Bolthouse Farms is
made up of farm and food fanatics who work every day to serve Our
Land, Our People, and All People. Visit Bolthouse Farms or follow
us on Instagram , Facebook and Twitter to learn more.WHAT YOU'LL BE
RESPONSIBLE FOR IN THIS ROLE JOB DUTIESSupply Quality Technician
will carry out routine and timely material improvement duties for
facility to ensure Food Safety and Quality of incoming raw
materials: packaging and/or ingredients. Lead daily pilot plant
operations with set up, sanitizing, processing, and clean up
- Perform sampling of various raw materials (packaging and/or
ingredients) for physical and chemical analyses at required
- Analyze for physical and chemical attributes set forth by the
R&D or other company/regulatory standards.
- Maintain records and manage all aspects of testing activities,
raw material (ingredient/packaging) specification including
certificate of analysis.
- Communicate and report results outside the defined
specification ranges in a timely manner.
- Hold/ Release product through inventory control system.
- Prepare defective material reports and follow up when raw
material problems arise.
- Perform calibrations on equipment at required frequencies.
- Perform item re-classification in JDE.
- Maintain Hold and Expired reports weekly.
- Assist in product improvement packaging/ingredients
- Assist in resolving supplier related issues through onsite
inspection and regular material evaluation.
- Interact with other departments e.g. supplier/vendor,
sales/marketing, R&D, QA/QC, regulatory/labeling, purchasing,
finance, production planning, and warehouse groups on a regular
- Perform special projects as the needs arise.
- Prepare samples for shipment on request.
- Write SOPs with the approval from the supervisor/ manager.
- Assist the coordination of the supplier activities to ensure
delivery and storage of material to meet regulatory practice, food
safety/quality and delivery requirements.
- Review Supplier documentation and ensure it is meeting
- Maintain the safety, cleanliness and hygienic laboratory work
environment including periodic/planned maintenance, cleaning and
monitoring of equipment and the work areas
- Assist or perform other duties/projects as assigned WHAT WE'RE
LOOKING FOR Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent; or one to two years related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education
- Valid California Driver's LicensePreferred Qualifications:
- Some experience in Quality Assurance in the fresh produce or
food-processing environmentPHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The work environment for this position will be typical of the
manufacturing facility. There are portions of the job that will
require working in cold (90 F), and loud environments.
- Must be able to work in a wet, cold, or hot environment
- Must be able to lift at least 50-55 lbsHours & Workdays:
- 1 st Shift (8:00am - 4:30pm), Monday to Friday; when business
requires overtime and weekends will be mandatory WHAT WE OFFER Our
rich benefits packages are designed to support the health and
well-being of both our eligible co-workers and their families.
- Group Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life and AD&D
- Group Short-Term Disability
- Group Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY We are an equal
opportunity employer committed to fostering a culturally diverse
organization. We strive for inclusiveness and a workplace where
mutual respect is paramount. We encourage applications from a
diverse pool of candidates, and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expression, or veteran status. We
will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals
with disabilities, as need, to assist them in performing essential
job functions. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS Reasonable accommodations
will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. If you are interested in applying for
employment with Bolthouse Farms and need special assistance to
apply for a posted position, or if you believe you do not meet any
of the required qualifications of a posted position due to a
protected disability and would like to explore the possibility of
an accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at:
for additional support and guidance. RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Bolthouse Farms does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Bolthouse Farms is not responsible for any fees related to
unsolicited resumes. 1st Shift (8:00am - 4:30pm), Monday to Friday;
when business requires overtime and weekends will be mandatory
Keywords: Bolthouse Farms, Bakersfield , Lab Technician, Professions , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...