Home Care Technician
Company: Common Spirit
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Founded by the Sisters of Mercy Mercy Hospitals have a history of caring for our community that goes back more than 100 years. We provide a broad range of medical and surgical services including minimally invasive and outpatient options. Our family of services includes the areas only inpatient oncology unit the Orthopedic Spine and Hand Center Family Birth Center the Lactation Support Center and retail store and many others. Mercy Hospital Downtown is a 194-bed facility located in downtown Bakersfield. Mercy Hospital Southwest is a 78-bed facility and the only hospital located in the rapidly growing area west of Highway 99. Mercy Hospital is a member of Dignity Health and is a trusted community partner serving residents of Bakersfield and Kern County with quality compassionate care since 1910. Learn more at https://www.dignityhealth.org/central-california/locations/mercy-bakersfield.
The In-Home Care Attendant ("Attendant") will provide non-medical supportive in-home care services to seniors and disabled adults. Services include general house cleaning meal preparation errand assistance companion care and basic personal care needs (i.e. bathing changing dressing turning ambulation etc.). The primary focus of this position is to assist the senior/disabled client to maintain a dignified independent quality lifestyle in their own home. A secondary focus is assisting patients' transition from the hospital to their homes on short notice and providing continuing care to them. Attendant is required to be available to work any shift at any time on any day including holidays. Attendant must have the ability to create a workplace culture that is consistent with the Dignity Health mission vision and values. This includes the ability to work well with other team members to find solutions; providing excellence in service. Attendant reports directly to the Manager of the Homemaker Care Program.
* Minimum 6 months of paid quantifiable in-home care experience with non-relative client(s) or graduate of Mercy & Memorial Hospitals' Homemaker Care Program.
* High School Diploma/GED or 2 years equivalent work experience.
* Heartsaver CPR/First Aid
* CAR INS
* DRV LIC
* Experience with professional elder care company/facility preferred.
* Certified Nurse Assistant and Certified Home Health Aides are also preferred.
* Bi-lingual preferred; Excellent communication and organizational skills with an ability to work well with others as part of a team; Creative enthusiastic dependable and accountable; Positive attitude.
Keywords: Common Spirit, Bakersfield , Home Care Technician, Professions , Bakersfield, California
here to apply!