Field Service Technician
Posted on: September 12, 2018
What you can expect
Reports to: Field Service Supervisor Location: Bakersfield, CA Shift/Hours: M-F 7:00a
- 4:00p - Schedule is variable Overtime: As required Travel Requirement: 90%, including overnight travel RedGuard Field Service Technicians provide fantastic customer service, and take pride in resolving customer requests in a safe, timely and quality manner. Each technician is provided with a company service vehicle and all of the tools and equipment needed for the maintenance and repair of company assets, including blast-resistant, modular buildings. Each working day provides new opportunities and experiences - a Field Service Technician could be dispatched to a customer site to resolve a faulty HVAC system, and then to repair a door that will not open safely at another. A service visit could take a couple of hours, or require a week or more at a customer site. Our Field Service Technicians appreciate the challenging work environment, and know how to remain calm and collected under pressure. Technology plays a vital role in the service department to ensure that every customer request is logged, managed, and a technician dispatched with all the necessary tools and equipment to resolve the request the first time. Training for a Field Service Technician starts on day one at our Headquarters in Wichita, KS and continues in the field with support from experienced Field Service Technicians. For more information, visit Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assesses and repairs/services condition of box to determine "type" of repair needed.
- Assesses damage to returned boxes to determine if additional billing is necessary.
- Identifies safety hazards, discuss these hazards determine how to mark or fax the hazard.
- Maintains parts inventory on service truck.
- Performs preventive maintenance of assets equipment at customer or company sites.
- Performs proper and prompt service, maintenance, and preparation for next rental.
- Plans sequence of operation for yourself and team.
- Straightens warped or bent parts.
- Positions or tightens braces, jacks, clamps, ropes, or bolt straps, or bolts parts in positions for next step in process.
- Uses transit to locate reference points and erects ladders and scaffolding to fit together large assemblies.
- Squares, aligns, and assembles bases, sills, cabinet frames, or equipment structural components .
- Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC and Communication repair, trouble shooting and replace.
- Drills and taps holes in specified locations for mounting control units.
- Connects color-coded wires, using mirrors in compact areas.
- Solders connections and crimps connectors to wire ends.
- Discusses errors in diagrams or production order with supervisor or engineer to clarify assembly problems.
- Bends and cuts conduit and wire, and drills holes in walls, floors, and ceilings for electrical connections.
- Patches or replaces plaster or plaster board and paints walls, ceilings, and trim of building.
- Operates welding machine to repair or join metal parts.
- Promote and hold others accountable for a safe working environment.
- Observe safety and security procedures. Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school Diploma or GED; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid DL Required, (A CDL is not required)
- Ability to obtain a DOT Medical Examiner's Certificate [Medical Card]
- Ability to pass a seven (7) year Graded Background check
- Ability to obtain a TWIC Card
- Ability to pass safety testing for customer sites
- Ability to acquire Fork Lift/Heavy Equipment Certificate
- Basic computer skills, including basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Preferred Qualifications
- Trade license in HVAC, electrical, or plumbing
- Knowledge of JobOps/ TrakQuip inventory software Job Specific Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Inspires respect and trust; Accepts feedback from others; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; Gives appropriate recognition to others; Displays passion and optimism; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
- Business Acumen
- Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals. Supervisory Responsibilities: May supervises vendors and peer employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; assist in planning, assigning, directing work and resolving problems. Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions; work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions; extreme heat and work in a potentially explosive environment. The employee is frequently exposed to work in high, precarious places; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus and cannot be colorblind .While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to sit. All employees are aware and able to apply for this position. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Woman/Minority/Disability/Veteran
Keywords: RedGuard, Bakersfield , Field Service Technician, Professions , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!