Counter Parts Sales Representative
Posted on: January 16, 2022
FleetPride is the largest after-market distributor of heavy-duty
truck and trailer parts in the U.S. with some of the best and
brightest people in the business! Partner with the best in the
heavy-duty industry and apply today!
Provide service to customers by phone or in person through sales of
heavy-duty parts in accordance with identified customer needs and
availability of parts in order to make a profit for FleetPride.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Help determine and obtain heavy duty parts for customers as
requested by phone or in person. Suggest sale of related parts for
- Locate and obtain ordered part for customer from central
warehouse or branch.
- Determine sales price for customers for each sale in accordance
with company procedure.
- Handle warranty or defective parts for customers in accordance
with company procedure.
- Write up approved charge sale in accordance with company
- Special order parts on an emergency basis when necessary and
- Process approved credits for customer when merchandise is
- Maintain confidentiality of pricing lists and structures as
required by company procedure.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices,
availability, and product features.
- Provide customers with current product catalogs.
- Utilize non-selling, non-servicing time by studying catalogs,
reviewing price sheets, bulletins, changes, additions, and
- Ensure that counter parts area is clean and in order. Ensure
that display areas encourage sales.
Education And Skills
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence
- Intermediate knowledge level of Windows XP (excel, word and
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people
are communicating; taking time to understand the points being made,
asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting at
- Communicating: Conveying information to others in an effective
- Time management: Managing one's time and the time of
- Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or
- Service orientation: Actively looking for ways to help
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in sales; sales of heavy-duty
automotive parts preferred.
- Inside/Outside Conditions, Varied Temperature Changes, Minimal
Chemical Hazards, Vibration, Dust, Vehicle Noise
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND EQUIPMENT
- The information to follow identifies the average physical
demands for the job role. This form is included with the job
description to inform the necessary physical requirements for the
Job. This is general guidance; site specific physical demands could
be different: Lifting up to 50 pounds, squatting, bending, climbing
ladders/stairs, reaching above/below shoulders, walking, twisting,
sitting, standing, carrying up to 50 pounds.
FleetPride is the leader in the industry comprised of retail,
service, distribution and wholesale divisions.
Keywords: FleetPride, Bakersfield , Counter Parts Sales Representative, Sales , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!