Company: PCL Construction
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The future you want is within reach.
At PCL, your personal and professional growth is our passion. We're
excited to help you discover what's next in your journey so you can
build a legacy that you're proud of. With locations and projects
across North America and beyond, exciting opportunities are waiting
for you in dozens of cities.
As a Purchasing Agent for our Bakersfield office, you will
contribute to our team by assisting in the planning, conducting,
and influencing of procurement activities.
- Purchases or oversees the purchase of higher-risk and more
complex materials, assets, and services in accordance with
policies, procedures and established buying agreements, using
cost-effective approaches for each transaction.
- Identifies and negotiates with vendors to purchase
requisitioned commodities, services, and assets, while meeting
criteria such as specification, price, quantity, quality, safety,
and delivery date. Clear understanding of "Best Value". Supports
strategic initiatives with procurement and the district.
- Proactively manages and supports the procurement team and
operations team to mitigate risks identified through
- Maintains and develops marketplace knowledge and key contacts
for products and services.
- Develops and maintains constructive and cooperative, and
customer focused working relationships with suppliers, internal and
external customers, projects, and the district.
- Identifies current and future risks (e.g., schedule, price,
supply, quality, service) and contributes to discussions to
manage/mitigate those risks.
- Administers formal bid process (e.g., Requests for Quote (RFQ),
technical and commercial review, bid conditioning, award);
negotiates procurement details with suppliers, including contract
terms and conditions and administration of the agreement throughout
- Supports estimating as the lead with price support for
materials and services, leading preparation of supplemental
estimates, and participating in estimating meetings and bid
- Evaluates and makes recommendations for rent vs buy scenarios.
Evaluates current fleet of equipment.
- Actively searches the marketplace for innovative products,
technologies, services, and processes that could be introduced and
bring best value to PCL. Champions initiatives to reduce nonvalue
add activities and streamline processes while maintaining or
- 7 years of progressive experience in supply chain / procurement
in a related industry preferred.
- Postsecondary diploma/degree in a related discipline an asset
(e.g., business, supply chain management, logistics, warehouse
- Working towards a procurement and equipment designation or
certification considered an asset.
- May oversee the procurement function in a small district
- Advanced construction knowledge; understands specifications,
methods, and procedures. Involved in strategy, planning, and
- Strong drive, time management, and sense of urgency: ability to
assist inprioritization of shifting priorities for self and others
in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- General understanding and application of applicable laws and
regulations related to procurement activities. Collaborates with
- Advanced understanding of supply chain process, project life
cycle, procurement best practices, and risk.
- Strong negotiating skills and awareness of impact on company
and projects. Able to mentor and train others on different
- Strong computer literacy; experience with relevant tools and
technology (software and hardware); ability to train others on
program and help develop new tools.
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised of people
who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great
work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities
that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of
vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently
ranked among the best companies to work for because we are
committed to supporting and developing our teams.
PCL combines numerous pay and benefit strategies to provide a
comprehensive and competitive total rewards package. The total
rewards package includes an employee share purchase offering,
discretionary annual performance bonus, comprehensive benefits &
wellness programs, retirement plan plus matching and career
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. We are committed to creating equitable
opportunities and an inclusive environment for all employees and
applicants. We make employment-related decisions without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process,
please contact us at ...@pcl.com with the position and location you
are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let's get
Employee Status: Regular Full-Time
Company: PCL Industrial Services, Inc.
Primary Location: Bakersfield, California
Job: Purchasing Agent
Requisition: 1583 Associated topics: annuities, bond, broker
dealer, commodities, fiduciary, financial, ira, securities broker,
Keywords: PCL Construction, Bakersfield , Buyer/Purchasing Agent, Sales , Bakersfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!