The Board of Trustees of the Panama-Buena Vista Union School
District invites well qualified administrative candidates to apply
for multiple openings in the position of Elementary Assistant
Principal. The Board is seeking an Elementary Assistant Principal
who will provide the strong leadership necessary to assist the
Principal in implementing the school's instructional program.
DISTINGUISHING CAREER FEATURES
The Elementary Assistant Principal is a first-line management
position requiring specialized knowledge in instruction, student
services, and administration. He/she will demonstrate the ability
to apply considerable creativity and judgment when interpreting
Education Code, district, and academic policies that impact student
achievement, teacher success, and budgets. The Elementary Assistant
Principal will oversee and integrate services such as, and not
limited to, counseling, student activities, athletics, and
attendance and discipline. In order to carry out supervisory and
performance management responsibilities, the Elementary Assistant
Principal will have attained an administrative credential and have
met all other qualifications of the position.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate a safe environment for students and staff.
- Support a professional learning community which demonstrates a
united commitment to student learning, parent involvement, and
- Support a school atmosphere where all students realize maximum
- Support a positive image for the school and district.
- Direct student activities and maintain student discipline.
- Implement Board Policies and Administrative Procedures as they
relate to the school.
- Maintain the safe operation of buildings and grounds.
- Supervise and evaluate classified staff.
- Communicate effectively with all members of the school
- Assume duties as site administrator in the Principal's
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the implementation of a three-tiered model of
instruction and intervention and provide supports for
socio-economically disadvantaged students, English learners, and
- Observe instruction by teachers and instructional intervention
aides and provide feedback and coaching.
- Assist grade level and/or subject area teams with
administration of assessments, data analysis, forming intervention
groups, and planning instruction/intervention.
- Provide professional development and modeling of effective
instruction and intervention.
- Provide training for new teachers and support services for
teachers participating in District Induction programs.
- Provide instruction in reading or math to individuals or small
groups of students.
- Valid California Teaching Credential
- Valid Administrative Services Credential
- Master's Degree from an accredited university with major
coursework in Education or related field.
- At least five years of successful classroom teaching and/or
SALARY AND TERMS OF SERVICE
Annual Salary (based on 2020-2021 Salary Schedule) $93,725-
$113,357 nine (9) steps, 204 working days per year, eight (8) hours
per day. Placement on the salary schedule is determined by the
number of years of administrative experience. $2,000/year stipend
for Doctorate Degree. Additional time/days as is necessary to
perform related job duties and responsibilities. The District
currently contributes $ 18,845.00 per year to family dental,
medical, and vision insurance plans and a life insurance plan for
External applicants must apply online and are required to submit
transcripts, two letters of reccomendation, and resume including
background information, educational experience and achievements,
and community and professional involvement.
Internal administrative candidates are required to submit a
personal letter of interest, two letters of reccomendation, and
resume including background information, educational experience and
achievements to the Human Resources Department to receive
consideration for this position.
Submissions should be sent to:
Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources
- If you are currently in this position and would like to change
sites, submit your letter of interest, two letters of
recommendation, and resume to Darryl Johnson. All applications will
be screened and appointments scheduled for qualified
- More than one interview may be required. Not every qualified
candidate can expect to be interviewed for the openings.
- Following the interview process, well qualified applicants will
then become part of a candidate pool and will be considered for
appointment to administrative openings, which become available for
the 2021-22 school year.
- If selected, the Elementary Assistant Principal will be
expected to participate in summer training activities, which may
occur during the instructional day and/or after school. Additional
compensation will be provided, if applicable.